2B-CHASER [Using three Realys]
You can use this project to beautify your house. It can also be used as a blinking light in the temple. It can also be fitted in your shop as a display attraction. This project is different from the project given in the book Vol 2. A relay can be used at the output of this circuit. Due to use of relay you can connect it to different type of loads. Whereas project given in the book vol. 2 has limitations about the load.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION AND WORKING
This project has been developed and tested O.K. in our TV Engineers Technical Lab. The components and PCB used in the projects published in our books are available for sale at resonable price.
Chaser which are available in the market now-a-days has a electrical motor wound on a wooden drum and Iron strip but in this electronic age this chaser provide better control with multiple actions. The chaser circuit given here use IC 4017 and IC 555. IC 555 is a popular IC and its input or output can be connected to the TTL and CMOS logical circuits. In this circuit IC555 is working as a astable multivibrater whose output is available on Pin no 3. The pulse available from this is given to the input pin no. 14 of counter IC 4017. At the output pin of this IC this pulse is available. The output pin nos. where the pulse is available are nos. 1, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11. Transistors are connected on the output pin nos. 2, 3 & 4. These transistors become ON when pulse reaches to them. Only one transister is ON at a time. The relays are connected with the transister. As a load bulbs are connected with the realys. These bulbs get lighted ON when relays are ON. These bulbs get ON in such a manner that they seems to be running after one another. In between Pin no. 6 and 7 of IC 555 there is a preset of 1 M. By adjusting this preset we can fix the time period for lighting these bulbs.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE ASSEMBLING THE PROJECT:-
* Never solder CMOS IC directly on PCB. Always Use an IC base.
* CMOS IC get spoiled due to anti-static charge. Don’t touch with the hand because many times human body get charged due to anti-static charged.
* While soldering transister check its base ,emitter and collector with the multimeter.
* Take care of polarity of condenser while connecting it to Pin no. 6 of the IC 555.
* Take special precaution while connecting diode of its polarity.
* Don’t solder IC directly on PCB because many times leakage current from the soldering Iron spoils the parts.
* While checking transister, transister should not be touched with human body.
* Don’t keep the project ON in case of transister short.
PCB [CODE 6TP07]=1
IC555=1, IC 4017=1
10K=1, 4K7=3, 470E=1
POT 1M =1
RELAY 6V =3
MAIN SOCKET [AC]=3