2B-CHASER 10 LINES
This project is a new gift of electronic age. You can use 10 LED’s or relays in this project. You can use this project as home decoration project. It can also be used as blinking light in the temple. It is very beautiful display item for your shop.
TECHNICAL DESCRIPTION AND WORKING
This project has been developed and tested O.K. in our TV Engineers Technical Lab. The components and PCB used in the projects published in our books are available for sale at resonable price.
Chaser available in the market is made of round wooden frame on an electrical motor. Modern electronic chaser gives control as well multi-action. A 10 line chaser circuit is given. Two ICs 555 and CD4017 are used in this circuit. To handle more load a triac or relay can be used. IC 555 is a timer IC and very popular. Its input and output sides can be matched with the TTL or CMOS logic circuit. In this project it is working as a multivibrator. Output pulse is available on pin no. 3 continuously and connected to the pin no. 14 of counter circuit made of IC 4017. The output of IC4017 is available on pin no. 3,2,4,7,10,1,5,6,9,11 [10 pins]. All these output are connected to the base of BC147 through the resistance 1K2. A LED array is connected across the collector of this transistor. This transistor is used as buffer to avoid the load on IC4017. Buffer stage is not required if the load for IC4017 is only one LED.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE ASSEMBLING THE PROJECT :-
- Use IC Base for CMOS IC, never solder this IC on directly PCB.
- CMOS IC get spoiled due to anti-static charge. It should not be touched by hand because many times human body gets charged with electrical current.
- Before soldering transistor check its base collector and emmiter with a multimeter.
- Take care of the polarity of the condenser connected to the pin no. 6 of 555.
- While soldering diode take care of anode and cathode of the diode.
- Do not solder IC directly on PCB because many times parts get spoiled due to leakage current from the soldering iron.
LIST OF COMPONENT
PCB [Code 5TP07]=1
47K=1, 4K7=1, 10K=1, 470K POT =1
IC 555 =1, IC 4017 =1, IC BASE [ 8Pin + 16 Pin] = 1 Each, BC547=10, IN4007 =4, LED=10
Cabinet=1, DC Supply 12V =1